The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick

Anyone remember the last time Nick Foles faced the Oakland Raiders?

Yep, he made a little history, tying the NFL record by tossing seven touchdowns in a game.

Since then he's been around, getting traded, released and even contemplating retirement.

Now he's back as the starter for a playoff team.

On the other hand, the Raiders likely saw their last shot at the playoffs evaporate when QB Derek Carr coughed up that killer fumble against the Cowboys Monday night.

They do not have a lot to play for, and I expect them to play like it. How would you feel if you playoff chance were hanging by a threat, and you had to get on a plane and fly across the country to play in a frigid Lincoln Financial Field on Christmas night?

This should be a Christmas gift for the Birds as they look to seal home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, if the Vikings win as expected.

But here's something to keep an eye on: The Eagles defense has not played well in nearly a month.

They need to get their edge back going into the playoffs.

Win Monday night and everybody can exhale and get a two-week breather heading into the playoffs.

A loss to this Oakland team would not be a good sign.

THE PICK: Make it Eagles 27, Raiders 17. No, Nick Foles is not going to throw seven touchdown passes. But the Birds should not have that much trouble with an Oakland team that has nothing to play for. Keep the motor running on that jet, folks.

LAST WEEK: I has the Eagles beating the Giants, but I certainly didn't expect that kind of a shootout. The defense appears to be in a freefall. Maybe it was just the third week on the road, if you call a bus trip up the Jersey Turnpike a road trip. This defense must play better for the Birds to do anything once they hit the playoffs. Nick Foles was not the problem as he tossed four TD passes to lead the Birds over the G-Men.The Eagles got the win and lifted their NFL-best record to 12-2. I also was on board with the Birds winning, bumping my record for the year to a very respectable 11-3.

GAME BY GAME: Eagles 30, Redskins 17. (My Pick: Eagles 26, Redskins 13)

Chiefs 27, Eagles 20. (My Pick: Chiefs 33, Eagles 17)

Eagles 27, Giants 24. (My Pick: Eagles 23, Giants 17)

Eagles 26, Chargers 24. (My Pick: Chargers 27, Eagles 17)

Eagles 34, Cardinals 7. (My Pick: Eagles 29, Cardinals 24)

Eagles 28, Panthers 23. (My Pick: Panthers 26, Eagles 17)

Eagles 34, Redskins 24. (My Pick: Eagles 31, Redskins 19)

Eagles 33, 49ers 10. (My Pick: Eagles 24, 49ers 10)

Eagles 51, Broncos 23 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Broncos 19)

Eagles 37, Cowboys 9 (My Pick: Eagles 29, Cowboys 17)

Eagles 31, Bears 3 (My Pick: Eagles 31, Bears 13)

Seahawks 24, Eagles 10 (My Pick: Seahawks 23, Eagles 17)

Eagles 43, Rams 35 (My Pick: Rams 33, Eagles 29)

Eagles 24, Giants 29 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Giants 19)

Comments