The life of pro athletes

I'm confused.

Sixers center Joel Embiid admitted after last night's home loss to Phoenix that they took the 9-15 Suns lightly.

The Suns had lost two straight and three of their last five.

"I think we lost that game from the jump ball," Embiid said after the game. "I think we took them lightly."

Someone remind me? How many games have the Sixers won in the last four years?

Also yesterday the Eagles continued to lick their wounds after being brought down to earth Sunday night against the Seahawks. And guess what? Coach Doug Pederson is saying he believes this all started last week in practice, when he didn't see the same kind of preparation from the Birds.

Yes, they were 10-1, but when was the last time this team won anything?

In my next life I want to be a professional athlete.

Either that, or the next time I make a ridiculous typo for the world to see online (which is likely to happen any second now) I will simply say that I took that assignment lightly. * By the way, because we know you can't wait to read every morsel about the Eagles as they prepare on the West Coast for a crucial game against the Rams Sunday, we've sent beat writer Bob Grotz to the West Coast for the week.

Make sure you read Bob's coverage all week. He was there for Doug Pederson's press conference to talk about that disappointing loss in Seattle.

Make sure you follow Bob's coverage all week, right up to Sunday's 4:25 kickoff in L.A.

Comments