Tiger is Back!

And now for the big sports story of the weekend?

Eagles? They don't play again until Sunday night in Seattle. Plus, they haven't locked up the NFC just yet because the Cowboys won last night.

Sixers? They lost in Boston in last night. Joel Embiid still does not play back-to-back nights. Ben Simmons still struggles at the foul line.

Flyers? Last seen they were limping off the ice to a chorus of boos after losing their ninth straight game.

For me there is only one sports story this weekend.

Tiger is back.

Go ahead, mock me if you must.

Tiger Woods played returned to the PGA Tour Thursday for the first time in 10 months.

Of course he fired a 3-under 69, and is just 3 shots off the lead at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas.

Woods has now undergone four surgeries on his ailing back, a result of a lifetime of pounding golf balls into the stratosphere. Of course, there were a few other issues along the way for Tiger.

Remember, he was Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer long before this amazing string of men behaving badly.

But I'm still a fan.

Look, I'll always be a golf fanatic. I'll check in on the tournaments on TV most every weekend. I'll continue to hit chip and pitch shots in the back yard. Heck, every once in awhile, I might actually get out to play a round.

But I want nothing more than for Tiger to come roaring back.

Hell, I'll even forgive him for playing a round last week with President Trump.

Why? You might ask.

Because Tiger is The Show.

When golf is on TV these days, it's just golf.

But when Tiger is on the leaderboard on the weekend, it's an event.

You can't take your eyes off the guy, or at least the guy he used to be. He simply did things on the golf course that non one had ever done before.

That's why all I want for Christmas is for Tiger Woods to win a major in 2018.

Go for it, Tiger!

Comments