What's shaking?

At first I thought it was something I ate.

Nope, the newsroom was actually trembling late yesterday afternoon.

No, I wasn't having one of my classic, profane outbursts.

This was more subtle. But the feeling was unmistakable. The room was kind of swaying.

Yes, that was an earthquake we had at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday.

It registered 4.1 magnitude and was centered near Dover, Del.

It was reminiscent of the last tremor we had, back in August 2011.

Everyone in the newsroom sort of looked at each other and asked in unison: What was that?

Then, of course, we did what we always do these days.

We posted to social media.

My initial post: What's shaking? Building just shook here in Swarthmore. Anyone else feel that? went crazy on Twitter. There have been no reports of any damage.

You can read our story here.

And for a playful look at the reaction on social media, click here.

Comments