Getting to the car will be a challenge this a.m.

I would love to be able to give you my normal early-morning report from the roads.

It looks like the major roads are OK.

Which would be nice if I could get to my car.

Right now it's encased in ice, sitting there tempting me.

Of course to get there I would have to put my life in jeopardy trying to navigate the walkway, which appears as if the zamboni just put a nice coating of ice on it.

Everything is encased in ice.

The car is frozen solid.

And if I did get in the car, I'm not sure it would negotiate the slight incline in the driveway.

There is good news in all this, however.

The coated surfaces such as the major roads are in good shape.

And that much-promised warmup is on the way. We're going to push close to 40 later today with lots of sunshine. On Friday they're actually talking about temperatures getting close to the 60-degree mark.

Welcome, April.

But for now just be very careful on those first few steps outside the house this morning.

They might be the most dangerous ones you take this morning, long before you ever reach the road. Get the full forecast here.

Comments