Shore enough, it's a snow day

There are not many days that I do not wake up and wish I was in Rehoboth Beach, Del.

Today is not one of them.

Yes, I love me some Grotto Pizza. And yes, don't ask me why, but it tastes better at the beach. Maybe it's the salt air.

But today is not the day to be at the shore. Not in Delaware, not in Maryland, not in New Jersey either.

Why?

Well, how do the terms 'bombogenesis' or 'bomb cyclone' strike you?

Yes, we are having a snow event.

Swell.

I got up at my normal insane hour this morning and started my morning ritual. KYW. Coffee. In that order. I also made the mistake of turning on the TV. Within minutes I heard the term 'treacherous' at least four times.

Most schools across the region are closed.

Delaware County government also is shut down, as well as the courthouse. Guess we're going to have to wait to learn who the new district attorney is going to be. The county Board of Judges was supposed to vote today.

It did not look all that bad early, but I decided I would at least start the day working from home.

Probably a good idea, the snow is picking up. This is likely going to get worse before it gets better.

Make sure you let us know what conditions are like in your neighborhood. Tweet us pictures using the hashtag #delcosnow. We'll be updating conditions all day.

If this is not bad enough, once the snow stops, howling winds and the coldest temperatures of the winter so far will be moving in. Gusts will be up to 50 mph. Wind chills will be below zero.

By the way, if you're wondering what the hell 'bombogenesis' or 'bomb cyclone' actually is, you're not alone. It blew up the internet last night. You can read about it here.

Me, I'll be thinking of Rehoboth. In August.

Comments