The value of newspapers - & their readers

Last week in my blog I wrote of a very special visit I had from the daughters of one of my all-time favorite readers.

Michele Cordivari and Jackie Constantino were here to make good on a promise they made to their mom before she passed away last year.

But here's the thing. If she were alive, I don't think Theresa Guyer ever would have seen that item in the Heron's Nest.

You see, like so many of our longtime, core, loyal readers, Theresa loved our print edition.

Like me, she was an ink-stained wretch.

For that reason I expanded a bit on that item and used it in today's print column, along with another note to honor my friend John Unangst, head of the Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union, who passed away suddenly.

Both Theresa and John understood how important the newspaper is, and the value of what we do here every day. You can read my Letter From the Editor here.

Better yet, you could go out and buy a copy.

Do it in honor of Theresa. I think she would understand.

Comments