You can kiss February goodbye

Today is a very special day - at least for me.

It's the LAST day of February.

That means we are two-thirds through the slog of the worst 90 days of the year.

No, I'm not a fan of winter.

And yes, I realize this for the most part has been a fairly mild winter. Not all that much snow. One incredible cold blast that stung us for two weeks.

But today we will again push toward 60. I'll take it for the last day in February.

And they are watching a storm for the weekend, but it looks like it is going to involve wind and rain, not snow.

Want to know one of my favorite things about the Eagles wild playoff run that led to that most unexpected Super Bowl Championship? It helped get me through the grind of January.

With February now about to fade into the rear-view mirror, I'm beginning get the itch to get outside, even work in the yard.

Hell, at this point I'm even looking forward to mowing the grass again.

We'll hit Daylight Savings in a couple of weeks on Sunday, March 11.

Cross your fingers. We just might have survived another winter.

Now if we can just skirt one of those monster March storms.

Comments