Your early morning report from the roads

I don't often have praise for my work schedule.

Today is one of them.

I just got into the office here a few minutes before 5:30.

I can tell you I just drove through blowing and drifting salt and brine.

In other words, nothing is happening out there.

Yet.

But we're told it is coming.

Actually, the biggest problem I had was getting stuck at one point behind a salt truck and having my car showered with salt pellets.

As I approached Granite Run Mall I started to notice a few drops on the windshield, and it appeared the roads were wet. Then it stopped again.

None of this is stopping schools from proactively reacting to the forecast. Many are operating on a two-hour delay, including Upper Darby, Garnet Valley and Penn-Delco so far.

This is supposed to start as a period of wet snow and icing, before changing over to steady rain amid rising temperatures this afternoon. We could get drenched this afternoon. The morning rush could be a mess. If you can get out now you won't have a problem.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory until noon for a nasty mix of snow, ice and rain. We're likely only going to get a coating here, but the ice could make getting around dicey.

You can get the full forecast here.

It is the only thing that can chase the Eagles off the lead on all the local TV news.

The Eagles have realized their "gold standard." In the TV news business they actually have the "white standard."

That means snow.

Brace yourself.

Comments