Your early morning report from the roads

Here's your early morning report from the roads.

First things first: Turn off the radio. Don't turn on the TV.

The roads are fine.

Your biggest project will be cleaning off the car, especially if you did not take a couple of whacks at it. That plus the friendly plow guys who insist on piling up all that snow at the end of the driveway.

But the roads? They're in good shape.

I just drove into the office. It's one of the very few perks of the crazy shifts I work. There is almost no one on the roads at this hour.

The radio folks kept trying to convince me there were some icy spots. Maybe it's just me. I didn't encounter any.

In fact, most of the roads were clear and wet.

I hit a bit of slush on Route 352. And maybe the worst spot was Baltimore Pike coming up into Media from Elwyn. Not sure what was going on in the West End there, but it was still eminently passable.

Other than that, it was smooth sailing.

Most schools are operating on a two-hour delay, although Upper Darby schools are closed.

As far as snow totals go, I'm not sure where some of these reports are coming from. I think we got maybe 6 inches.

These places reporting a foot or more. I feel for them.

Unfortunately, while the snow is moving out, the nasty cold is not.

We're not going to get out of the 40s for a couple of days, through the weekend.

Anyone else ready for some 70s or 80s?

Think spring!

Here's your full forecast.

Comments