A little but of sun, not so much in the way of warmth

Spring remains a rumor.

Yes, we finally has some sunshine yesterday. Yes, I wandered into the back yard for the first time since October to make my annual survey of the damage.

Nothing major, just the usual scattering of limbs and twigs scattered everywhere, lots of wet, muddy conditions. We did lose one Rose Sharon bush. I didn't think it was possible to kill those things. Guess I've been proved wrong. Looks like it literally got pulled right out of the ground by the winds.

I'm beginning to wonder if the day lilies I planted last summer are going to come back. Can barely see some sprouts ready to pop there.

A few of the trees finally appear to be sporting buds.

And of course, as I drive through the neighborhood, there is one sure sign of spring in evidence, those brilliant yellow forsythia.

I traditionally spend Masters Sunday planted in front of TV watching my favorite golf tournament of the year. But this year was a little different.

I actually spent most of the afternoon driving my wife around the Chester County countryside. She's been laid up most of the week with a bad knee and foot, remnants of her very close call last weekend.

I wanted to get her out of the house a bit.

I'm not sure it did any good, but at least it beats the two of us sitting inside staring at each other.

If we can survive one more day of this non-spring, things start to look up this week and we actually have the promise of some 70-degree weather later this week.

Get the full forecast here.

Comments