Farewell to a passionate booster of the city of Chester

They gathered to say goodbye to Bill Nix Saturday.

I'm not quite sure the city of Chester yet fully understands what they have lost.

I talk to people all the time who want to complain about the way the city is portrayed in the pages of this newspaper.

Very few of them are willing to actually do something about it.

That was not the case with the man almost everyone referred to as 'Juicy.'

I first encountered the force that was Bill Nix when he served on our Community Advisory Board.

I last spoke to him a few weeks ago when we shared a stage at the MJ Freed Theatre on Avenue of the State, part of a panel discussing the role of the Media in covering the city.

Bill never lost his passion for the city - in particular its young people.

He leaves a gaping hole that the city will be hard-pressed to fill.

I talk about my friend Bill Nix in my weekly Letter From the Editor print column.

Comments