Bring on summer!

Welcome to summer.

Congratulations, we survived another winter.

A confession here. This is my favorite holiday of the year.

I love all the patriotism, parades and solemn ceremonies that honor those who gave their lives in defending our way of life. But all that comes Monday.

The real reason I love this weekend is because it marks the "unofficial" start of summer.

To me that means long, hot, humid nights out on the deck, listening to the Phillies game on the radio with nothing but a cold beverage and the crickets to keep me company.

The best part of the weekend? For me it is Sunday night. Lying in bed, hopefully on a hot, muggy night, windows open, knowing the next day is a holiday and the entire summer lies ahead.

I just love it - even if I am working Sunday and Monday this year. Yeah, it's one of the hazards of the job.

And in case you were wondering what is going on this weekend in Delaware County, we've assembled a handy list of all the special ceremonies.

Bring on summer!

Comments