The first casualty of summer

Summer is here.

I know this not by the temperatures - which are exploding and will push close to 90 this afternoon.

I know it by something else.

A squished bug.

Nothing says summer like that firm splat against the windshield and the resulting smear. Of course it has to be directly in the line of view.

A quick flip of the wipers only manages to smear it a little more.

What's odd about this is that it happened this morning, in the dark.

I'm not even sure what kind of bug it was. But it is no longer with us.

Seems a little early for this to be happening.

Hope that's not a sign of that this is going to be a bad summer for these little critters.

The last couple of summers I've barely been able to sit on the dark after dark because the skeeters were so intense.

Just one more reason for me to pine for my old screened-in porch.

RIP for that, and also for the first windshield victim of the season.

Bring on summer.

Comments