It's the heat - & the humidity

The Mrs. and Myself are struggling with a bit of a dilemma.

I love this hot, humid weather.

She? Uh, not so much.

So of course yesterday for the holiday I was sitting out on the patio exulting in another sultry, hot, humid summer day, while my better half was ensconced inside in the A.C. I dislike air-conditioning. Oh, I certainly want it at work. But the truth is if it were not for her, I wouldn't turn it on at home. I grew up and slept in an old house that did not air-conditioning. The heat doesn't really bother me.

Bottom line? I usually wind up feeling guilty. Look, this job keeps me away from home a lot more than I would like in in the first place. And when I am home, she has to share me with my ever-present laptop and phone, and the mountain of email that never seems to go away.

Unplugging is a goal, but one I have not come close to mastering.

More to the point, it looks like we're in for a long, hot summmer. I could not be happier.

Now this was a little different when the kids were home. They would both be inside with mom. Every once in awhile one of them would wander outside to be sure I had not expired in the heat.

But now that it's just the two of us, I'd like us to spend more time together.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Just call us Hot & Not.

Comments