Just another day in the news business

I am a person of habit.

I have a tendency to do the same things, in the same order, day after day.

My day always starts the exact same way.

I won't tell you what time, because it's a little over the edge. Let's just say I'm an early riser. You know that 24-hour news cycle thing? I take it pretty seriously.

I do three things immediately when I wake up.

I grab my portable radio that sits next to the bed and flip on KYW.

I make a pot of coffee.

And the I grab my phone to check the alerts and email that arrived since I slipped into my nightly coma a few hours before. Then I hold my breath.

I never know what is going to be there when I glance at the phone.

I can pretty much assure you it is not going to be good news.

This morning was one of those mornings.

I had several alerts and emails telling me that there was a major story in Delaware County. Fire had struck Our Lady of Angels School in Morton.

So I altered my schedule.

I fired up the laptop and posted a brief story for our website.

And off we go. Another day in the news business.

Comments