Thanks for the like, Micky

I may have stumbled on to something with this Today's Upper kick.

If you missed it, I talked about it a bit in my weekly print Letter From the Editor column Monday.

I get asked all the time why there is so much bad news in the paper. For the most part, it's true. And for a good reason. That's what people read.

But I've been having some fun the past couple of weeks with a new item I've been posting each morning. I'm calling it 'Today's Upper: A Slice of Good News to Start Your Day.'

The past couple of days I've actually posted several.

Yesterday one of the items I posted took an unexpected turn.

I noted that on that date back in 1967, the popular band that spring up from a TV show, The Monkees, lost their opening act for their tour. And who might that have been? Well, that would have been one Jimi Hendrix.

As it turned out, the item got shared and 'liked' on social media, where I post it on Twitter and Facebook each morning.

But one particular 'like' kind of stuck it out.

I picked up a like from this Twitter account: @TheMickyDolenz1.

Yep, that Micky Dolenz, the drummer and at times lead singer from The Monkees. He shared those duties with Davy Jones.

It says it's his verified account.

You never know these days on social media.

Dolenz still does his share of touring.

I was a big Monkees fan as a kid.

Who knew that 51 years later, we'd still be making connections.

Call it another 'Pleasant Valley Sunday,' but this one took place on a Tuesday in Delco.

Thanks for the like, Micky, or whoever you were.

Comments