Thanks, Mr. President

I come today to do something I never thought I'd be doing.

I want to thank Donald Trump.

He did something yesterday I was beginning to think was not possible.

Not, not his about-face in saying he left out a word in his statement about Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

The president, more than 24 hours after the fact, reverse course, and with a story that is just a bit far-fetched.

Trump said he misspoke.

Hey, I can understand. I do it all the time. In print. Typos are a nasty part of the business.

I'm just not sure I'm buying the president's explanation. It took him more than 24 hours to realize what he had done on that stage in Helsinki while standing next to the Russian strongman?

Please.

I think for maybe the first time in his presidency, The Donald was feeling the heat, realizing even his own party was about to abandon him.

He said simply that he said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't.'

Trump seems to think that clarifies everything.

I'm not so sure.

But I do believe the president may have done something he had not intended.

In case you haven't noticed, people have been staying away from the polls in droves.

For the primary election in May, less than 20 percent of those eligible bothered to show up and cast ballots.

It is my hope that the president's Helsinki act is going to change that.

I know what you're thinking.

You're all saying the leftist, very liberal editor of the Daily Times is leading the cheers for Democratic gains in the November mid-terms.

v That's not the case.

I don't care if you vote Democratic or Republican.

So long as you vote.

I was beginning to doubt people would ever be interested enough again to dig in and actually take part in the democratic process.

I think maybe President Trump changed that in Helsinki.

I talk about it on today's editorial page.

Thanks, Mr. President.

Comments

Unknown said…
HE IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE, HE JUST GOES OFF TRACK A LITTLE TO MUCH. ????