I'm hosting 'Tommy And Me' tonight in Media

I'm going to have a very special opportunity in Media tonight.

First, I'm finally going to get the chance to see Ray Didinger's play 'Tommy and Me,' which is playing at the Media Theatre. It's Ray's autobiographical tale of his efforts to get his boyhood hero (and in reality a lot of us fans' hero), Eagles wide receiver Tommy McDonald, elected to the NFL Hall of Fame.

Making it ever more special is what will happen after the show.

Each night of its sell-out run in Media, Ray and members of the cast hold a question-and-answer session for those in attendance. Each night he has a celebrity, sports figure or member of the media act as host.

And tonight, for some reason, Ray asked the editor of the Daily Times to perform the duties.

That would be me.

I just hope I don't fumble the ball.

I kind of think that won't be the case, in large part because of who is co-hosting with me. That would be one of my all-time favorite co-hosts, longtime Eagles All-Pro linebacker Seth Joyner.

Those who don't know it might not realize Ray and I have something in common.

Yes, Ray got his start in newspapers. He was smart enough to get out and go on to a Hall of Fame career, both in newspapers, as well as with NFL Films and Comcast SportsNet.

But do you know where Ray got his start.

That would be the Delaware County Daily Times.

Of course back then most people still referred to it as the Chester Times. In fact, a lot of people still do.

If you're going to the show, by all means say hello.

Comments