Super Bowl Champions: Now what?

Super Bowl Champions.

Damn, I still get a kick out of saying that.

Now, I guess technically with the start of another NFL season upon us, that should actually be defending Super Bowl champions.

The Eagles will kick off their mission to "repeat" tonight with a nationally televised Thursday night matchup with the Atlanta Falcons at Lincoln Financial Field.

For you that probably means a party. For me it means deadline problems, holding the print edition so we can get the result of the game in. The last thing we would consider doing is publishing a paper without the score of the game in it.

But I'm also dealing with something that I can't ever remember happening before.

Maybe this is all part of the Super Bowl hangover.

Fifty-eight years is a long time to wait for anything.

I just turned 63, so that accounts for just about my entire life, at least the time I can remember.

That includes 52 Super Bowls.

As I said on that epic front page last February, the Eagles 'PHINALLY!' delivered for their long-suffering fans.

But it was that expectation, that feeling of year after year pushing that boulder up the hill, only to see it roll back down to the bottom again, that stoked a lot of the fire.

But now we've done it.

Now what?

Repeat?

Sure, bring it on.

But I'm wondering if anyone else is suddenly taking this as something less than the "life-or-death" way I have dealt with the Eagles most of my life.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

To be honest, I'd rather be at Aronimink watching Tiger Woods.

Comments