The editor's 'agenda?' Your chance to weigh in

Some days I think we have completely lost our sense of humor.

That's another casualty of our overheated, partisan rhetoric.

It's also one of the reasons I started posting every morning on Twitter and Facebook a quick item to try to brighten up people's day.

I call it 'Today's Upper: A slice of good news to start your day.'

Yesterday, some people took me to task for it.

Can you guess what their objection was?

Yep, politics.

They believed I was again inserting my "leftist, liberal agenda" into the conversation.

I admit I was kind of taken aback.

Have we gotten to this point, where we can't even laugh?

The item I posted noted that on yesterday's date, Francis Scott Key penned the 'Star Spangled Banner.'

Then I added a note that was supposed to be humorous, saying 'no word yet on whether anyone took a knee.'

That's an obvious reference to the hullaballo surrounding some pro athletes protesting during the National Anthem.

I did not take a stand (or a knee for that matter) on the issue one way or the other. I was not pro-athlete, or pro anthem. It was just a quick anecdote.

Not everyone took it that way.

I started to get hit with responses on Twitter again insisting this was just one instance of my bias coloring the news.

So I'll ask you, do you think I was making a political point?

Or just trying to offer some levity to start the day?

Comments