Why not join us in this conversation?

You can't win 'em all.

Don't believe me? Come sit in this chair some day.

I always tell people I have "an" opinion, not necessarily "the" opinion.

Do I have a bigger platform that most? Sure. But I always point out that I am more than willing to share that platform with people who have a contrasting point of view.

Take the latest controversy swirling around the Catholic church.

I have written extensively about my feelings on the way the church has handled predatory priests.

Not everyone has been a fan.

Take Patrick Carson for instance.

He decided to pick up his pen and take me to task for my stance.

My reaction? Bring it on. The more the merrier.

I'm always surpised at people's reaction when I tell them that I'm more than willing to share their opinions. That is the whole point of our op-ed pages. Think of them as a great marketplace of ideas.

We have ours, I'm sure our readers often have theirs, and many times they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

More importantly, I will never censor what someone has to say simply because I disagree or don't like the idea of being taken to task in print - or online either for that matter.

There are lots of important issues out there. They should be vigorously discussed.

I hope our edit and op-ed pages do just that.

Consider that an invitation.

Why not join us. Be a part of the conversation.

Comments