A frosty start to the week

It is the single thing I loathe the most about this time of year.

No, not the sight of the Eagles blowing a 17-0 4th quarter lead.

I'm talking about what I witnessed after I got into my car this morning.

Yep, that was that aggravating little light that warns me of frost and possible icy conditions on the roads.

It was 35 degrees when I got behind the wheel.

Summer is over.

But I am bound and determined to stick to my annual pledge not to don a winter coat until Thanksgiving Day.

That means my teeth are likely going to be chattering on some of these early morning drives into the office.

The only thing missing this morning was a thick coating of ice on the windshield. Guess I better figure out where I left my scraper last April.

Have I mentioned lately that I hate winter?

Comments