How 'bout those Colorado Buffaloes!

We'll get to the Eagles soon enough.

But first, at least for me, there is another very important football story developing.

How 'bout those Colorado Buffaloes!

While the Super Bowl hangover continues for Eagles fans, I have to admit it is being made a bit easier by the fantastic start of the Buffs, who this weekend topped Arizona State to run their record to an unblemished 5-0.

I have to admit it has been a long time since I spent a Saturday afternoon in Folsom Field.

And if you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it.

Hell, it took me 40 years just to get back, something I finally managed to do a couple of summers ago.

Watching a game in Folsom Field is a special experience.

First, there is the setting. From the student section, you can look out past the end zone emblazoned with Colorado on the macadam leading up to the stands. And there looming over the stadium, seemingly peering inside, are the majestic Flatirons, which dominate the Boulder landscape.

Then, of course, there is the special pre-game ritual that is unmatched in sports.

I speak, of course, of Ralphie, the world's greatest mascot. Yes, before each game, a group of students actually lead Ralphie the Buffalo in a charge out onto the field. Half the time I think they are holding on for dear life.

The Buffs have now risen to No. 19 in the AP poll. They are one of just 11 undefeated teams in the nation.

This weekend they head to L.A. to take on USC.

I'll be along for the ride, at least in spirit.

Thanks for the memories, guys.

Comments