Today's Topic: Mega Millions Overload

Brace yourself.

TV will be all over it today.

I'm not talking about the weather. At least I don't think so. Hey, this is one time where I probably would not mind if they did.

It's going to be a gorgeous fall day.

That's my idea of winter.

One day.

No, this will be about TV's other favorite story.

How many times today are we going to hear from people standing in line about what they would do the money should they be so out-of-this-world lucky to hit that $1 billion-plus Mega Millions jackpot tonight.

You read that right.

The jackpot tonight has now soared over $1 billion. It's the largest lottery jackpot in history.

It's one of those situations where you simply have to get in on it. If there is a pool in your office, how can you possibly not get in and risk being the one person who will report to work tomorrow morning.

And of course there is always the person running the pool who tells you, 'Oh, no, I bought that winning ticket separately for myself. That's not part of the pool.'

Yes, I will likely buy a Mega Millions ticket at some point today.

Do I expect to win.

No.

Do I expect to hear about it all day.

You bet.

Comments