A music miracle: Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rollings Stones

On April 16, 1964, a British blues band that had been kicking around London for a few years released their first LP.

On June 4, a little more than 55 years later, The Rolling Stones will play Lincoln Financial Field in South Philly as part of a U.S. stadium tour.

There are lots of miracles in this world.

I would suggest you can put Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and the lads on that list.

I have never seen the Stones in person. Although I have heard them once. I couldn't afford a ticket so I actually sat outside Folsom Field in Boulder in the summer of 1978 and listened to their show.

Take my word for it. They don't call the World's Greatest Rock 'N' Roll band for nothing.

I was just a kid thinking about what the hell I wanted to do in my life.

Actually, what I really wanted to do was be a rock start, but since I don't possess a lick of musical ability, I settled for a career in journalism.

That was 40 years ago.

I'm still at it. So are the Stones.

Start Me Up!

Comments