Bad news & worse news on the weather front

You want to bad news or the worse news, weather-wise?

First off, if you can pull the covers up over your head, I would highly recommend it.

It's a mess out there.

The good news is that it's not nearly as cold as yesterday's frosty 25. My car registered 43, but the steady downpour in which I started my morning commute quickly devolved into a deluge as I approached the office.

I got soaked just going from the car to the office door, a space of about six steps.

It looks like I-95 is turning into a giant parking lot. There are reports of no less than six crashes, mostly weather-related spinouts, between Northeast Philly and the airport.

Now there is a report of still another crash on southbound I-95 near Route 420. Northbound the trouble spot is approaching the Commodore Barry Bridge.

The good news is that the rain is expected to east by about 9 a.m. If you can delay your commute, I'd seriously consider it. So what is the worse news?

I have two words for you: Wintry mix.

Brace yourself, our TV friends are about to go into full hyperventilation mode with the prospect of some wet glop - including the possibility of a snow mix - Thursday morning.

In other words, a pretty miserable week.

Here's the full forecast.

Comments