Brine & Salt: They're great on fries

Brine.

Salt.

They make a great combo on Thrasher's fries.

On the roads? Uh, not so much.

Look, it's not exactly a secret. I'm not a big fan of winter.

But I'm even less a fan of the hype that accompanies every weather event.

We're likely going to get a little bit of everything today, starting with some snow later this morning and then changing over to rain and then then heavy rain as we make our way through the day.

I don't think the region is going to be paralyzed, but what do I know.

I'm not a meteorologist, as every TV weather person no doubt will remind me.

So we'll just have to live with it.

Here's one layman's prediction: It's going to be a wet, miserable day. Yes, we will get some snow. No, I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

The timing looks like it will hold off until after the morning rush.

That will not stop the TV and radio folks from inundating us with more than you ever wanted to know about how PennDOT will handle the storm, the fact that they have already brined the roads and are now waiting to attack the storm with a mountain of salt.

I did learn one fact this morning: PennDOT has 120,00 tons of salt ready to roll across the Philadelphia region.

Unfortunately, I also heard this,, my all-time favorite weather peeve, uttered by a TV reporter this morning: "If you don't have to go out today, don't go out."

Just shoot me now.

Wake me when April gets here.

Get the full forecast here.

Comments