I survived Black Friday

Forget Cyber Monday.

I'm still getting over Black Friday.

That's right. I broke a longtime pledge not to be caught dead out shopping on one of the biggest shopping days of the year.

I usually leave that to my better half. And for a good reason. The woman is a professional shopper.

This year we spent the Thanksgiving holiday with the kids in the Washington, D.C., area.

My wife and daughter have a long tradition of getting up in the middle of the night and heading out to the malls. Recently they have added our daughter-in-law to their pre-dawn expedition.

This year, since we were not at home, I decided that instead of sitting back at the house staring at my laptop, I would join them.

That's how I found myself in the Leesburg outlets in Virginia long before the sun came up last Friday.

Hey, it was worth the trip. I finally found a pair of stone-color khakis I've been looking for.

But I had to pass on the camel topcoat that kept screaming my name in Joseph A. Bank.

My son was egging me on. The guy leaves the house and suddenly becomes a fashion maven. He always looks great, but he's convinced his old man's wardrobe neats a serious update.

In short, he thinks I dress like and old man. I tell him that's because I AM an old man.

Somehow, we all managed to survive.

Think that coat is still available online?

Comments