Spring Fever in November

I think I'm living in a time warp.

Did I just sleep through winter?

If so, please do not wake me up.

I refer to it as the front-door test. The second I open the front door each morning, I get a feel for what kind of day it is going to be.

I couldn't believe what I felt when I opened the door this morning.

April?

On Nov. 2?

When I slide behind the wheel, my dashboard thermometer let me know I was not in fact dreaming. It was 69 degrees at 4:30 a.m. (Don't laugh, that's when I drive into the office.)

That is about 15 degrees warmer than it was yesterday morning.

We are going to manage one more warm, although a bit wet, day out of this today, before temperatures revert to their November norms. Just in time for the weekend, of course.

And don't forget, we "fall back" Saturday night. Turn your clocks back before you get to bed. At 2 a.m. Sunday, we return to standard time.

That means an extra hour sleep, something I desperately need.

The down side? It will be dark at 5 o'clock, no doubt kicking in the next step in the depression I deal with every winter. I drive to work in the dark, and drive home in the dark.

Of course, there are probably a lot of people out there who think I'm in the dark most of the time anyhow.

Come on spring!

Comments