The Big Queasy

I have a strange mind.

That probably does not come as a big surprise to many readers.

I see things, and hear news, and my mind immediately turns to headlines.

It's an old habit of a guy who has written tabloid headlines for four decades.

So I can't believe I actually let this one get away.

It was on my mind the whole time as I sat at the kitchen table trying to watch the Eagles game while also working on the Monday paper. (Yeah, we now have the joy of being able to work from home. Ain't technology great?).

There was a time when the Sunday Eagles game was a lock to be our lead on Monday's Page One.

Not anymore.

I'm not really sure what it is, probably the fact that they finally won a Super Bowl last February. It just doesn't strike me as life or death anymore.

I assure there was a time when that was not the case.

But as the Saints dismantled the Birds, I had a headline I could not get out of my head.

Now I'm sorry it did not appear on Page One.

I'm kind of surprised no one else used it either.

For Eagles fans, Sunday's game represented only one thing:

THE BIG QUEASY.

There is still nothing better than a zinger Page One headline.

Comments