I don't love this Christmas commercial

I have a new candidate for most hated Christmas commercial.

For years I gritted my teeth at the guy who delivers the new Lexus to his wife out in the driveway with a big red bow on it.

Raise your hand if you've ever heard of anyone who got a new car for Christmas, let alone a luxury model topped by a massive red bow.

When I think of cars I think of red ink, in terms of how much the car payment is going to be.

A December to remember? Yeah, and all those bills in January and February.

But this year it's been topped.

I'm talking about the guy who first hears from his wife that she did a little early Christmas shopping as a surprise.

He tells her he's done likewise, walks her outside their palatial house, and there, lo and behold, are two matching pickup trucks, black and white.

Of course, he wanted the black one, but his wife jumps in and immediately informs him, "I love it."

Guess what?

I don't love it.

Yeah, I'm a Grinch.

Bah! Humbug!

Comments