The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick

Are you ready for a Christmas miracle?

Well, we have St. Nick in our corner.

Yes, Nick Foles is at it again. He picked up right where he left off in the Super Bowl, if not in those two games from the start of the season, as the Eagles upset the highly touted Rams and kept their playoff hopes alive.

Now they face another tough test, as the Houston Texans come to town.

Here's a tip.

St. Nick won't win this game.

The Eagles' defense will.

The key to this contest will be putting heat on Texans QB Deshaun Watson, and corraling high-flying receiver DeAndre Hopkins, one of the best in the NFL.

Do that and the Birds win.

Foles will not have to be great, and Doug Pederson would be wise to establish a running game and pound the rock at a Texans defense that is suspect against the run, but features a hellacious pass rush.

The key as it was last week is for the Eagles to get ahead early. They do not want to fall behind and then have to get in a shootout with the Texans.

I like their chances.

Of course the Birds still will need help in making the playoffs. But they won't have any if they don't take care of business against the Texans.

It says here they will.

St. Nick delivers.

THE PICK: Make it Eagles 27, Texans 26. This one belongs to the defense. They need to harass Deshaun Watson into making mistakes. I think they will and Foles will do just enough to keep the miracles going.

LAST WEEK: No, I didn't see that one coming either. St. Nick returned to the scene of last year's miracle. Taking the reins from Carson Wentz, he again was masterful in beating the Rams. Most of all, he threw the ball down the field, reconnecting with his old Super Bowl buddy Alshon Jeffery. The win kept the Eagles very much alive in the playoff hunt and evened their record at 7-7. Me? What can I say? It's been a bad year. The loss dropped me to 5-9, but I'm banking on St. Nick and the Birds to win out and get back into the playoffs.

GAME BY GAME: Eagles 30, Rams 23 (My Pick: Rams 31, Eagles 16)

Cowboys 29, Eagles 23 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Cowboys 21)

Eagles 28, Redskins 13 (My Pick: Eagles 27, Redskins 17)

Eagles 25, Giants 22 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Giants 17)

Saints 48, Eagles 7 (My Pick: Saints 37, Eagles 23)

Cowboys 27, Eagles 20 (My Pick: Eagles 29, Cowboys 16)

Eagles, 24, Jaguars 18 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Jaguars 23) Eagles 18, Falcons 12. (My Pick: Falcons 27, Eagles 13)

Buccaneers 27, Eagles 21 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Buccaneers 13)

Eagles 20, Colts 16 (My Pick: Colts 23, Eagles 17)

Titans 26, Eagles 23 in OT (My Pick: Eagles 26, Titans 13)

Vikings 23, Eagles 21 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Vikings 13)

Eagles 34, Giants 13 (My Pick: Eagles 19, Giants 17)

Panthers 21, Eagles 17 (My Pick: Eagles 26, Panthers 17)

Comments