The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick

One game.

Win and in - maybe.

That's right. Even if the Eagles beat the Redskins Sunday, they will still need help to get into the playoffs in order to defend their Super Bowl title.

The Bears also must beat the Vikings for the Birds to have a shot.

Making it even more delicious is the fact that the games will be played at the same time. Both are late Sunday afternoon 4:25 starts. Get ready for some serious scoreboard watching.

For their part, I love the Eagles to roll over Washington down in D.C.

I see no reason why Nick Foles should not continue his roll as the hottest QB in the NFL. Coming off a team record 471 yards passing vs. the Texans, look for Foles to keep dealing with Zach Ertz. It will be up to the Eagles O-line to keep nemesis Ryan Kerrigan out of Foles' face.

On defense the key for the Birds will be to contain Redskins' backup QB Josh Johnson. He is elusive and throws well on the run. A contained pass rush will be essential Sunday.

But will the Bears offer a helping hand and help the Birds get into the postseason? That I'm not as sure about. Here's the kicker. In effect, the Bears control who they will play in the playoffs. Lose and they have a rematch with the Vikings. Win and they will face the hottest team in the league, the Eagles.

Yeah, I don't like that fact either.

THE PICK: Make it Eagles 31, Redskins 17. St. Nick does his part. Now it all comes down to whether the Bears can beat the Vikings.

LAST WEEK: Nick Foles writes another chapter in his remarkable saga, approaching Kurt Warner status as one of the greatest backup QBs in NFL history. All Foles did was set a team record for passing yards in the win. Yep, more yards that Van Brocklin, Jurgenson, Jaworski of McNabb ever threw. The win kept the Eagles very much alive in the playoff hunt and pushed the team back over the .500 mark at 8-7. Me? I'm riding Foles and the Birds. Picking the Birds to beat the Texans raised my mark to a disappointing 6-9.

GAME BY GAME: Eagles 18, Falcons 12. (My Pick: Falcons 27, Eagles 13)

Buccaneers 27, Eagles 21 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Buccaneers 13)

Eagles 20, Colts 16 (My Pick: Colts 23, Eagles 17)

Titans 26, Eagles 23 in OT (My Pick: Eagles 26, Titans 13)

Vikings 23, Eagles 21 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Vikings 13)

Eagles 34, Giants 13 (My Pick: Eagles 19, Giants 17)

Panthers 21, Eagles 17 (My Pick: Eagles 26, Panthers 17)

Eagles, 24, Jaguars 18 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Jaguars 23)

Cowboys 27, Eagles 20 (My Pick: Eagles 29, Cowboys 16)

Saints 48, Eagles 7 (My Pick: Saints 37, Eagles 23)

Eagles 25, Giants 22 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Giants 17)

Eagles 28, Redskins 13 (My Pick: Eagles 27, Redskins 17)

Cowboys 29, Eagles 23 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Cowboys 21)

Eagles 30, Rams 23 (My Pick: Rams 31, Eagles 16)

Eagles 32, Texans 30 (My Pick: Eagles 27, Texans 26)

Comments