Did we jump ahead to April?

It is always my first inkling as to the day that lies ahead.

I approach the front door with some trepidation as I head into work at this time of year.

Usually I am greeted by a brutally cold blast.

It is winter, after all.

But this morning was different.

I opened the door and it almost seemed as if I had been teleported ahead a couple of months to April.

It actually felt like spring.

Of course, it also was pouring down rain, but I'll take it.

When I slide behind the wheel, my dashboard thermometer told me it was a balmy 56 degrees. That's as opposed to the bone-chilling 9 degrees that greeted me Monday. If my calculator is not lying (math is not my strong suit), that's a difference of 47 degrees. Weird.

A warning. It is pouring out there. There is lots of standing water and puddles. Give yourself some extra time for the ride into work. There is a flood watch in effect for most of the region.

But, hey, it could be worse. This could be snow.

I'll take two more months of this and then move on with spring.

Comments