No deal

No Deal!

Trump and Kim Jong Un? No, I'm talking about Bryce Harper.

Yes, the longest-running soap opera in sports history continues.

There is bad news for Phillies fans, however.

Those folks filling Twitter with breathless updates on this free agency saga are now saying it appears the Phils are no longer in the lead or even likely to land Harper.

Somehow, I think I will survive.

Look, I would love to have Harper. I think his big-time left-handed bat is perfect for the Phillies. Pencil him into that No. 3 spot in the lineup and forget about it for the rest of the summer, or at least until he gets hurt, which happens quite often with this guy. Citizens Bank Park was built for this guy. I could see him hitting 45 dingers there.

But enough is enough.

I don't like being played.

And at this point, Harper and his agent Scott Boras are playing everyone.

I don't blame him. He wants to be the highest-paid player in baseball and if I was in his position I might be doing the same thing. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

I don't. And I think a lot of other Phillies fans agree.

Maybe it's time to move on.

Comments