The cold truth: We'll flirt with 60 degrees by Tuesday

They are quickly becoming the two most hated words in my vocabulary:

Polar Vortex.

I don't know what it is.

I just know that it's cold.

Very cold.

And I hate the cold.

My sincere desire once I hang up this newspaper act is for one thing: That I am never cold again.

Heat I can take. In fact, the hotter the better. Humidity? Bring it on. Nothing better than a thick, wet cloak settling in on a sultry summer night.

That's as opposed to what we've been dealing with the last two days.

Yesterday morning we dropped to 4 degrees.

This morning is balmy. We're all the way up to 9. Downright Tropical.

Now comes the weird part.

We've made it through the worst of this cold snap, and temperatures are supposed to rise through the weekend. Get this - on Tuesday they are saying we will be flirting with 60 degrees.

Of course, our local forecasters will have to tell us what the "real-feel" temperature is. Or maybe the dewpoint.

They're all about buzzwords.

Comments