Today's weather buzzword: Freezing fog

It's time for today's weather buzzword.

Yes, our local forecasters have come up with another word to make us simply pull the covers up over our head.

We survived the Polar Vortex.

And the Flash Freeze.

Get ready for Freezing Fog.

Never heard of it? Neither have I. But that's what they are saying.

Take it for someone who just made the drive into the office. I didn't encounter any freezing fog. And that black ice warning? Didn't really see any of that either.

But I will offer my thanks to my namesake Punxsutawney Phil. The prognosticating rodent did not see his shadow Saturday, thus predicting an early spring.

The temperatures are going to feel like it this week. It is already noticeable warmer out there this morning. It was 29 when I got behind the wheel, much more tolerable than those single digits from last week.

And that's just the start. We are supposed to flirt with the 60s tomorrow, and we will be above the normal high all week. Here's the full forecast.

Comments