Your special someone told you they don't want anything for Valentine's Day? They're lying

For some reason, there is a persistent belief that I am a left-leaning, liberal Democrat who allows his bias to taint the pages of the Daily Times.

Well, they got the Democrat part right.

For all of the above reasons, people do not put a lot of stock in what I write.

Try to put that aside for just a moment.

I mentioned this in my Monday print Letter From the Editor.

Gentlemen, check the calendar. It's Feb. 14.

If you have never believed one word I have ever written, please believe this little nugget.

If you're like my wife and I, every year you joke with each other that you really don't want anything for Valentine's Day.

Guys, you can take this to the bank. Or at least the flower shop.

She's lying.

Whatever you do, DO NOT walk into the house tonight empty-handed.

And if you want some real expertise on the secret to a long relationship, might I suggest Dominic and Jean Liberatore. We featured the Ridley Township couple for Valentine's Day as they celebrate 70 years of wedded bliss.

We salute them today on our editorial page.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Comments