Happy Fat Tuesday!

On my ever-lengthening Bucket List, this one is close to the top.

I've always wanted to go to New Orleans.

And I guess if you're going to do the Big East, you might as well do it on Mardi Gras.

Yes, welcome to Fat Tuesday, the traditional day for excess that ushers in the solemn Christian season of Lent.

That arrives tomorrow on Ash Wednesday.

I used to try to give things up for Lent.

Not anymore.

Let's face it, I'm never going to give up cursing. It's an occupational hazard. Actually, it's more than that. It's just lazy. I work with words every day, so I should be able to do better than to simply release a string of invective.

I'll worry about what I will do or won't do tomorrow.

For now, where's the Fastnachts?

What are Fastnachts? You can find out here.

Comments