Route 352: The worst potholes in Delco

Dear Police Officer:

I plead guilty.

Yes, that was me appearing to veer wildly all over the place early this morning on the ride into the office.

I will throw myself on the mercy of the court.

But first I will plead my case.

Every day - twice a day actually - I have the misfortune of driving on Route 352 (Middletown Road) between Route 1 and West Chester Pike.

Does anyone else out there deal with this every day?

Is there a road in Delaware County in worse shape.v There are potholes on this road that small families could live in.

So each morning (luckily when there is almost no one else on the road) I veer wildly along the road trying to evade the worst of these monsters. Then you get to a spot like the intersection of 352 and Route 452 near Fair Acres where the road literally has crumbled. You just sort of close your eyes and hope for the best.

Apparently the road was visited by some PennDOT workers yesterday who tired filling in some of these craters. It was even noted by none other than longtime Delco resident Howard Eskin, who obviously was experience the same tooth-filling rattling ride I was. Howard took to Twitter to alert PennDOT to the problem.

The residue of some of their handiwork was evident on the ride last night.

The problem is with the constant cold and thaw we'll be facing as we slowly morph until spring, these fill-ins are not likely to last very long.

What Middletown Road really needs is to be repaved. I'll gladly volunteer to take a detour for a few days if it means getting this road fixed.

Actually, I'm surprised there hasn't been an accident on this road yet.

I'm wondering how many blown tires have been caused by this battlefield.

I nominate Route 352 for the worst potholes in Delco.

Any other candidates out there?

Comments