Spring has sprung: Here's how I can tell

Wait for it ... Ahhhhhhhhh!

There is a single moment every year when I know that I can finally put winter in the rear-view mirror and embrace the arrival of spring.

Today was that day.

It is the moment in the pre-dawn darkness when I open the front door, step outside and literally feel the difference in the air. No bone-numbing cold. No whipping winds.

Only a mild fluff of a breeze. There was even a few birds chirping.

It was 60 degrees when I slid behind the wheel of the car to make the drive into the office.

That's about 40 degrees warmer than it was during the cold snap last week.

Yes, I know the calendar tells us spring does not officially start until next week. And I realize it is not going to last. After zooming to the high 60s this afternoon, we're looking at a cooler weekend, with highs only in the 50s.

I don't care.

Spring is here.

I felt it when I opened the front door this morning.

Comments