The coldest it will be until next winter

16 degrees.

Yep, 16 stinking degrees.

That's what the dashboard was reading when I got behind the wheel early this a.m. for the drive into the office.

This is the time of year when, to be honest, I struggle mightily.

I am looking for any sliver of good news to get me through these final few weeks of winter.

If I sound a little cranky it is because I am. For some reason, I decided this year to give up my nightly glass of wine.

That's right. Vino.

In the summer there is nothing better than a cold beer.

But on these miserably cold winter nights, I actually prefer a warming glass of Pinot Noir.

So if you're like me, here's a sliver of good news when it comes to this God-awful cold weather. I actually heard this yesterday and it makes sense. Either that or I'm just desperate for any kind of mood lift.

Once we fight our way through this bitter cold morning, it is not expected to get this cold again until next winter.

One can only hope.

Comments