You might say this bit of news was in the pipeline

Most days we chase the news.

Some days it falls into your lap.

That's what happened to me last week when I dutifully reported after being summoned to be part of a grand jury pool in Chester County.

Lo and behold, I quickly realized that the grand jury would be focusing on District Attorney Tom Hogan's call for a criminal investigation of the Mariner East pipeline project.

I didn't make the cut.

Instead, I do what I do most days. I reported it.

That in itself made a little news. Lots of news outlets picked up stories about how I uncovered the fact that Chester County had impaneled an investigative grand jury to hear from witnesses and review documents in connection with the pipeline.

You can read that blog item here.

Also today, on our editorial page, I note that the grand jury is just one of a growing series of voices being raised with serious questions about the pipeline.

A growing list of entities, from local municipalities, to school districts, as well as both Chester and Delaware counties, now have filed to intervene in a complaint filed by seven residents of both counties with the state Public Utility Commission. They claim pipeline owner, Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners, has failed to detail a proper response plan for the public in the event of an accident involving the pipeline.

Even more importantly, Chester County moved to revoke easements offered to Energy Transfer for Mariner East 2 in the area of the Chester County Library in Exton.

You can read our editorial here.

Comments