A suggestion for a new state motto

I want to go on record as once again suggesting Pennsylvania change its state motto:

My idea:

Welcome to Pennsylvania, World's Worst Weather, 365 Days a Year.

OK, so maybe it's not exactly Chamber of Commerce material.

It does, however, pretty much sum up my exasperation at the weather gods.

Every year I try to take a few days off to get all the things done around the house that I put off when I'm slavishly staring at my laptop.

Guess what? The business has changed. There really are no days off anymore.

It's 24/7 feeding the online information beast.

But I still need to get the lawn and shrubs in order, plant some flowers and get all my outdoor furniture set up.

Which I tried to do last week in the 20 minutes when it was not raining.

It wasn't just the rain, and the constant clouds.

It was cold. Not cool. Cold.

Anyone who knows me knows I like it hot - the hotter, the more humid, the better.

I think I need to move.

And yes, it is pouring again as I write this.

Somehow I managed to discern this without the use of a weather balloon letting me know what conditions are like at 60,000 feet. I know what they're like on the ground. They're wet.

Actually, considering what is happening in some other areas of the country, we can probably consider ourselves lucky.

Welcome to Pennsylvania! Don't like the weather? Don't bother waiting 15 minutes. It's not going to change. It's going to miserable. Take my word for it.

Get your full forecast here.

Comments