Here's to 37 years on the job

TGIF!

And Happy Flag Day!

It might be Friday to you, but it's something a very special day for me.

And not just because the man who founded Flag Day, William Kerr, was a longtime Yeadon resident.

No, today marks 37 years since I reported for my first day at the Delaware County Daily Times.

I always remember it because I distinctly remember hearing the classic 'I Am Your Flag' by KYW Newsradio stalwart Bob Nelson on the ride into the office.

For some reason, it doesn't seem like 37 years.

Actually, the days often take forever, but the years breeze by in a heartbeat.

The changes I've seen in this business in 37 years? Do you have a couple of hours.

Suffice it to say that the person who first advised graduates to find something you love and you'll never work a day in your life must have been a newspaperman. Or woman.

On with the day's news.

Even if it shows up on Twitter, Facebook and our website hours before it ever gets a sniff of that glorious ink and newsprint.

Comments