A perfect Sunday afternoon

Can you handle one more day?

We are looking at one more day of nasty heat and humidity before storms arrive to break up this soggy, muggy, hot blanket that has been sitting on the region now for days.

Of course, that brings with it some bad news as well, in the form of flash flooding. We're under a flash flood watch through Tuesday morning.

Of course, if you are like me, you will miss this kind of weather.

But even I made some concessions this weekend.

I waited until after 7 p.m. Saturday to mow the grass. Yes, the neighbors came out and checked on me, wondering if I had lost my mind.

And yesterday, I retreated to the shade in the back patio for most of the afternoon while listening to the Phillies game on the radio.

I threw on a pair of baggy shorts - and nothing else.

I sat there in all my steamy glory, accompanied by the sounds of summer - the cicadas and their summer serenade, and the dulcet tones of Scott Franzke on the radio.

Nirvana.

Either that or it was heat stroke.

Comments