A very special Woodstock souvenir

It's always the unexpected little nuggets that make a great story.

For this past weekend, I knew I wanted a retrospective on the 50-year anniversary of Woodstock, the legendary music festival that defined a generation.

Specifically, I wanted us to talk to some Delaware County people who were there for their memories and what they believe is the lasting lesson from "three days of peace and music."

One of the women we talked to was Janet Saunders of Springfield, who had a couple of mementos from that weekend that I never could have imagined.

Saunders actually still has the jeans shorts and moccasins she wore that weekend 50 years ago.

And that's how they wound up on the front page of Sunday's print edition, cut into an overhead shot of the throng packed onto that hill on Max Yasgur's farm.

Now that's what a I call a great little nugget - the kind that makes a story memorable.

Far out!

You can read the full piece here.

Comments