Questions for Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon

Is it just me, or has the national conversation shifted?

I'm not hearing much talk anymore about impeachment. I am hearing a lot about guns.

That comes after mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton left 31 people dead.

And after six Philadelphia Police officers were wounded during a standoff with a heavily armed suspect that touched off a 7-hour siege in a North Philly neighborhood.

Yesterday a slew of city, state and federal officials held a press conference to talk about guns.

One of those there was new U.S. Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon, D-5 of Swarthmore.

Scanlon is a member of the House Judiciary Committee and is one of those who has been vocal in saying she feels the need for the House to start an impeachment inquiry into the actions of President Donald Trump.

This morning Scanlon will be here in our office for an interview.

I'll ask her about this change in the tenor of our national focus.

Do you have a question you'd like to have the congresswoman address? Email it to me at editor@delcotimes.com and I will ask her.

Comments