The 2 newest members of the Heron's Nest

I have had reason the past few months to spend a lot of time in doctors' offices and hospitals.

On Tuesday, I was back, spending the entire day in the hospital.

And I could not be happier.

Meet Dylan Edward and Samuel James. They're the newest members of The Heron's Nest - and the first grandchildren for my wife and I, the twin sons of my son Sean and his wife, Rachel.

All are doing splendidly.

'Pops,' as I now am known, is breathing again.

To be honest, I think I was more nervous waiting for these two than I was with Sean and his sister Rachel (yes, he married a girl with the same name as his sister, spelled the same way!).

But once I held one of these peanuts in my arms, all was right with the world.

Yesterday I talked in this space about changes, in particular the change of the Upper Darby skyline and the absence of the iconic spire that for decades sat atop the legendary Tower Theater.

On a personal level, a bit more historic change arrived for me at about 6 o'clock Tuesday night.

Two tiny miracles.

How miraculous are they? Well for years anyone who knows me will tell you that I have been something of a work-a-holic. That I was defined by my job. That nothing came before this newspaper.

Not anymore.

All that has been supplanted by two bundles of joy.

God, they're beautiful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations to you and the entirt family!What beautiful babies!
0 They are very fortunate to have you and your lovely wife as grandparents!
Anonymous said…
Congrats, Pops!!! All the best, Christy Bicking